Last month I tried out a new method to visually track my word count each week as motivation. It's worked really well, so I decided to make it prettier and a bit more permanent.
I went out and got a set of clear shot glasses, and beads in two different sizes.
The little green beads each represent 100 words (there are ten of them) and the larger red beads represent 1,000 words (I only have seven of these, since I don't typically write more than 5,000 words a week).
I move a green bead over every time I write 100 words, until I reach 1,000. Then I reset them and move over a large red bead.
Only 10 more scenes to go until I finish the first draft of TGITP!